- Animals are not fed GMO grains or GMO alfalfa.
- Even though we would like to say our animals are 100% GMO free we cannot guarantee our animals are 100% GMO free, because there is so much GMO contamination in our world. If we can physically see there is a GMO contamination in the feed we will not feed it. Could there be a couple of corn kernels or soybeans in a semi load of grain? Possibly. Our pastures neighbor fields of GMO corn and with ND winds there are corn leaves that blow into our pastures that the cattle eat.
- No Added Hormones
- Drug Free
- No Antibiotics - Any animal that becomes sick and needs antibiotics is tracked in our records and sold separately at the local sale barn. With calves being born on grass and with our cattle eating a diverse diet of healthy plants, we only have a handful of cattle that need treatment each year. Keeping an animal healthy is our goal!
- We rarely use insecticides on our cattle because we feel insecticides can harm the dung beetles and the use of insecticides doesn't move us towards our goal of healthy soils or habitat for pollinators. We have needed to treat our cattle with insecticides on occasion. We are trying to move towards the goal of no insecticide treatments ever in our herd.
- We use low stress animal handling methods to the best of our ability. We have been attending workshops and have had low stress cattle handlers consult on our ranch. We want to ensure our animals are kept comfortable as well as healthy.